POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worldbowl - New Perspective Take 2 : Worldbowl - New Perspective Take 2 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Worldbowl - New Perspective Take 2
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 19 Jan 2003 07:51:25
Message: <3e2a9f4d@news.povray.org>
So, I've gone back to the old perspective and now just zoomed
in a little. I couldn't find any satisfying new perspective without
rearranging the entire room or perhaps modelling a new one, and
in my taste, that would be making a new image, rather than just
enhancing an old one.

I've also made some other, subtle changes:
The lamp's shade is now somewhat cyan instead of yellow, but I think
it'll return to something yellowish. The Glass of the bowl was made
thinner.
The flowers got moved due to the new visible area. The petals are
using double-illuminate to receive some proper lighting from the moon,
but I guess I'll make them an actual mesh-volume with subsurface-
scattering instead of a 2d-double_illuminate-fake. This'll probably
have to be applied to the remaining parts of the flower as well.

I've also decided to remodel the base of the lamp. I'll probably go
with something more filligran, with nice curves and spirals, less
blocky and obstrusive as the actual base. The lamp will have to change
with that, and perhaps it'll receive a paper-shade to illuminate some of
the room.

Anyways, suggestions and comments are welcome,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde